Irene Living Locally

While visiting the Bronxville Farmer's Market on Saturday, I hesitated to stock up on my normal supply of frozen fish from a favorite vendor. With Irene looming and a nearly stocked freezer I didn't want to push my luck. My gut was right, and I was glad I had not stocked up. When we did lose power, good friends down the road came to the rescue as we transferred frozen goodies to their powered up house. Pesto, chopped eggplant, prepped squash, frozen blueberries and apricots that I knew would bring me happiness this winter all were saved. Hurray!

Many homes just down the road were badly flooded and we counted our blessings working on a puzzle by candlelight and enjoying a remarkably silent night of slumber.

Hope you and your loved ones are safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS